MOVE is the can’t-miss experience for high school students. Incoming freshmen through outgoing seniors are invited to be a part of this exciting week.
From authentic worship to beachfront games, small group conversations to large group activities, everything at MOVE is designed to help students develop
strong friendships and get to know Jesus better—all while having an unforgettable time. This week can make a difference in students for a lifetime and even
for eternity. MOVE 2018 is July 2-7 in South Padre, TX.
This event is open to students at all campuses of Oak Hills Church. Pricing for MOVE is as follows:
- Early Registration from Dec 1-Jan.31 | $479
- Registration from February 1-June 3 | $549
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 will be required at the time of registration. Registration for all campuses will close at the end of day on June 3, 2018.
All payments and paperwork must be submitted by June 10, 2018.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What do sleeping arrangements look like?
Students will stay in beachfront hotel rooms. Rooms are gender, and often grade specific and an adult leader will be responsible for each room. Adults and students do not share beds.
2. What kind of supervision will there be?
We take adult leaders to MOVE who have been screened and completed background checks. Each leader is responsible for no more than six students.
3. How do you keep track of every student?
Students are assigned to a room/group with a leader who is responsible for them. Attendance is also checked every time the group travels to a worship session.
4. What does the registration cost cover?
The registration cost covers: camp fees, housing, food at the camp and transportation. Students will need to bring money for meals while traveling to/from South Padre Island. Camp merchandise and snacks costs are extra.
5. What type of transportation do you use?
We use charter buses with professional drivers.
6. When is departure?
We will depart for MOVE on July 2. Departure times and details will vary from campus to campus.
7. When will students return?
Students will arrive back to their respective campuses late on the night of July 7. Exact times will be announced as buses are traveling back from South Padre.
8. How do you determine rooming assignments?
Information collected as part of the registration process will be used to help determine rooming assignments. This may include friend choices, school, and small group information. Our goal is for every student to be in a room with at least one friend.
9. How will I receive communication once my student is registered?
Each campus has specific ways they’ll be communicating. All campuses will send a confirmation email once your student has successfully registered for the trip. This email will include special instructions on how you’ll be receiving future communication.
10. What do students need to bring to MOVE?
Download the packing list here.
11. Do I need to pay off the registration cost all at once?
A non-refundable deposit of $50 will be required at the time of registration. Registration for all campuses will close at the end of day on June 3, 2018. All payments and paperwork must be submitted by June 10, 2018.