Challenge 8 is our fourth Family Milestone, designed to equip parents and their eighth grade student with communication skills and conversation topics that will cultivate and strengthen their relationship through their next life phase.
This milestone includes a Challenge 8 Winter BBQ on January 25th and a Challenge 8 Weekend Event on March 27th & 28th.
The Challenge 8 Winter BBQ helps families learn effective communication skills, setting the stage for the Weekend Event, and equipping parents and students for future life conversations.
The Challenge 8 Weekend Event* is the culmination of the milestone. Parents and students attend the weekend together where they laugh, play, learn and serve together. This is a great opportunity to pause, share experiences and strengthen relationships as they move into the high school years. This weekend ends with a time of blessing.
Registration for this Milestone was open January 5 – January 21st but is now currently closed.
Parent Information Meeting
Parents of 8th graders are invited to learn about our 8th grade milestone!
Free event, no registration required!
Sun., Jan. 5, 11:30 AM, Student Center.
We encourage your student to attend the Oak Hills Student Ministry offering during that time.
January 25, 2020
5:30 - 8:00pm
OHC Crownridge Student Center
Dinner, Fun, Conversations & the amazing Hot Chocolate
Friday, March 27th; 6:45pm - 9:30pm; Student Center
Saturday, March 28th; 8:30am - 8:30pm; Student Center
Weekend Event - General Schedule *Subject to change
Friday, March 27
6:45 pm – Arrive at OHC Crownridge Student Center
7:00 pm – Session 1
9:30 pm – Closing with Info for Saturday
Saturday, March 28
8:30 am – Arrival at OHC Crownridge Student Center
8:45 am – Session 2
10:00 am – Session 3
11:00 am – Lunch
11:30 am – Service Project (approximately 4 hours)
6:30 pm – Arrive back at Student Center
6:45 pm – Dinner
7:15 pm – Final Session/Parent Blessing
8:30 pm - Close
Frequently Asked Questions
- I signed up for this milestone, but cannot attend. Are refunds available? Unfortunately, No.
- Is registration required? Registration is not required for the Parent Info Meeting. It is required to participate in the Challenge 8 Milestone.
Parent Info Meeting
- Does attending the Parent Info Meeting commit my family to participate in the Challenge 8 Milestone? No, this is for information only – but it’s going be fun!
- Who should come to the Parent Info Meeting? Parent(s) of the 8th grader only. We encourage your 8th grader to attend the Oak Hills Church Student Ministry offering at 11:30 in the student center.
- Can my whole family come to the Winter BBQ? The Winter BBQ is for the parent(s) and the 8th grader only.
- Will there be childcare available? There will not be childcare available for the Winter BBQ.
- Where does the Challenge 8 Weekend Event service project take place? The service project will take place offsite. The location will be provided during the Challenge 8 Weekend Event.
- Will dinner be included on Friday, March 27? No dinner will not be included on that evening. Please refer to the general schedule for meals provided.