Short Term Missions
Short Term Missions Potluck Dinner
Sunday, January 29, 2017
NEW LOCATION: Crownridge Banquet Hall, 6909 Camp Bullis Road, SA, TX 78256
5:00 pm: Country Booths Open
5:30 pm: Potluck Dinner Begins
All are invited to:
• Share a meal and unite with others who have a heart for God’s global community!
• Learn about OHC’s Global Outreach ministry by walking through displays honoring the countries we plan to serve in 2017.
• Sign-up to participate in a 2017 OHC Short Term Mission trip.
• Family, friends and neighbors.
• A potluck dish with ample servings for you and your guests.
“We are the Body of Christ called to be Jesus in every neighborhood in our city and beyond.”
Are you ready to use your gifts and participate in God’s mission in the beyond?
Join us on a short term mission trip.
Want to get a head start on joining a 2017 Short Term mission trip? Click here to fill out the mission application and mission addendum. See trip links below for detailed trip information.
- Guatemala Summer 2016: Time lapse of Widow’s Home Construction. This video gives you a great visual of this work that is done in a matter of hours by an OHC team. Thanks to the Du family for providing this video. Click here to access video.
- Guatemala Fall 2016: Check out this great video taken by trip goer and OHC member Luis Escalera. This short video captures the essence of the trip and of the service provided by the OHC team.
EXPLORE or APPLY FOR A TRIP:
Explore our various trips by clicking on a trip link below, and apply online.
- Short Term Missions Potluck Dinner / For all OHC Campuses – Come discover & get more info on 2017 mission trips / Jan. 29, 2017
- Haiti / Manos de Cristo Shoebox Delivery / Feb. 16-21, 2017
- OHC “Missions Interest Weekend” / Mar. 4 & 5, 2017
- El Salvador / Manos de Cristo Shoebox Delivery / Mar. 11-16, 2017
- Philippines (Bantayan) / Medical / Children’s Ministry / April 19-29, 2017
- Guatemala / Medical-Widow Home Construction-Adult Village-Children’s Ministry / June 4-11, 2017
- Haiti / Youth & Children’s Ministry – For High School Juniors & Seniors Only / June 22-29, 2017
- Brazil (Natal) / Student Trip – For High School Only / June 22-30, 2017
- Ukraine / Summer Camp Outreach for Orphans / July 1-15, 2017
- Trinidad / Student Trip – For High School Only / July 8 – 15, 2017
- El Salvador / Praise & Worship-Youth Ministry / July 29-Aug. 5, 2017
- Brazil (Natal) / Medical-Dental-Adult Village-Children’s Ministry / Aug. 4-13, 2017
- Guatemala / Dental-Widow Home Construction-Adult Village-Children’s Ministry / Sept. 17-24, 2017
- Africa (Burkina Faso) / Medical-Well Rehab-Adult Village- Children’s Ministry / Oct. 8-21, 2017
- Haiti / Medical-Adult Village-Children’s Ministry / Nov. 9-16, 2017
- Nicaragua / Manos de Cristo Shoebox Delivery / Dec. 10-14, 2017
- Monclova, MX / Manos de Cristo Shoebox Delivery / Dec. 2017 (Trip details still pending)
- Honduras / Casa De Ester – Healing Ministry – For Women Only / Jan. 13-20, 2018
ARE YOU CALLED TO SERVE?
“For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (Mark 10:45)
One of the many ways we encourage the Body of Christ to reach out to others is through short term mission trips. These trips, ranging from one to two weeks in length, are intended to provide you with a glimpse of life outside of what you’re used to. They stretch and grow your faith, while sharing the love of Christ through service and health care initiatives in countries like El Salvador, Nicaragua, Haiti, Africa, and more. Through the generous donation of your time and skills, countless lives have been touched and seeds of faith planted around the globe.
Mission trips are offered throughout the year with emphases on areas including village outreach, medical and dental care trips, and more. Such trips are made possible due to strong relationships with long term missionaries in each country we serve and friendships with local village leadership.
We invite you to pray about the potential role you could play in an Oak Hills Church mission trip and ask for God’s guidance.