Family Mentoring Ministry
We are partnering with Hill Country Daily Bread Ministries(HCDBM) of Boerne, TX (hillcountrydailybread.com).
Ministry to families in need in Fredericksburg and vicinity.
- To help families in need improve their circumstances,
- To encourage them to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior,
- To help our community come together, and
- To obey Christ’s command to “feed my sheep.” John 21:17.
- When identified, families are registered with HCDBM,
- HCDBM collects information about the families and their needs and pairs them with a church lay volunteer (mentor),
- Volunteer/mentor delivers box of food to family once every 2 weeks,
- Food boxes furnished by HCDBM,
- Food boxes picked up in Boerne and delivered to church building by one of us,
- Through the food deliveries mentor strives to gain the confidence of the client family, alleviate physical needs, and identify opportunities to enrich the spiritual life of the family.
Requirements of volunteers/mentors:
- Desire to serve others,
- Undergo training by HCDBM,
- Ride with experienced mentor for a short period of time to gain hands-on experience, and
- Commitment to deliver food boxes once every two weeks and to engage with needy family.
Point of the Program –for the volunteer mentors to assist the members of their client family to help themselves by offering ideas and information about available physical and fiscal resources, and by providing encouragement and personal support, while seeking throughout to share the gospel and to demonstrate Christ’s love in a meaningful context. The volunteer mentors are not to personally provide money or goods to their client family.
Contact Cynthia at email@example.com or church office at 830.990.0402