***Early registration discounts being offered.
50% discount during November and 25% discount during December.***
The purpose of the Tapestry Adoption and Foster Care Ministry of Oak Hills Church is connecting, encouraging, and equipping families called by God to make a difference in children’s lives through adoption, foster care, and orphan care.
To accomplish this, Oak Hills Church has partnered with Empowered to Connect and Show Hope to help better equip families and individuals so that they might answer the call.
The Empowered To Connect (ETC) Parent Training is an interactive learning experience designed specifically for adoptive and foster parents. The ETC Parent Training was developed by Michael and Amy Monroe and relies heavily on the Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) model developed by Dr. Karyn Purvis and her colleagues at the TCU Institute of Child Development.
The CONNECT Course is for parents who have already adopted or are fostering and covers the Prepare sessions in addition to:
- Understanding Your Child’s History
- Examining What You Bring to the Relationship (Part 2)
- Putting It All Together: Connecting While Correcting (Part 3)
The PREPARE Course (date TBD) is designed to provide useful insights and a solid foundation for those who have not yet adopted or begun fostering. The course includes the following six sessions:
- Building a Foundation of Connection
- Examining What You Bring to the Relationship
- Discovering the Heart of Connection – Attachment
- Focusing on the Needs of the Whole Child
- Putting It All Together: Connecting While Correcting (Parts 1 & 2)
Established in 2003, Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, founded Show Hope out of their desire to see more children find their way into forever families. It was created to support many families who wanted to adopt but found the financial costs simply too high.
For more information about these courses and the ministry contact Melissa.